Tuesday 14 July 2009

West Minster Abbey

I haven't been able to add to this because I was unable to connect to the Internet for a few days, but here are some pictures from West Minster Abbey.  My flatmates and I went on Thursday, last week, and it was beautiful.  We couldn't go inside, so we're going to head back sometime soon.


The architecture at the abbey is really stunning and intricate.  Even though we were only walking around the building, we staid for almost an hour because there is so much detail to take in.  After Westminster we went to a great English Pub and had fish and chips and beer, then spent the day in Trifalgar Square. 

The weather is back to normal with temperatures in the 60s or low 70s, cloud cover, and rain almost every day.  Its nice though, since we don't have air conditioning in our flat.  I spent the four day weekend we had from class finishing a book, getting ahead on homework, and catching up on sleep and I feel well rested for the first time since I've been here.  

I hope everything is going well in the U.S... it can't be TOO bad, since I've seen that Sarah Palin is going to step down.  But I miss everyone and I'll add another post on here sooner than this one came.  


No comments:

Post a Comment